Earlier this week, Instagram informed me that I had a new follower. A quick glance at their profile revealed it was a new business based just down the road.Continue reading
As many of us go into self-isolation or work from home, we may have plenty to distract us during working hours but find ourselves staring into a vacuous, socially-distant abyss in the evenings or at weekends.
As we settle into lockdown, it’s nice to have a little distraction from the monotony of long work days and limited leisure opportunities. Here are some long-form journalism articles to get lost in this weekend…Continue reading
Love it or hate it, peer-led reviews still carry a lot of influence when it comes to informing consumer choice. Whatever sort of business you run, people will always make their voice heard if they’ve got a gripe.Continue reading
Happy new year! I hope 2020 brings you clear words, new followers, more web traffic and some lovely new clients! Here’s a run-down of Venti’s year in numbers, if you’d like to see.
Thank you to all the fantastic companies and partner agencies that have approached Venti Comms this year, and an enormous thank you to those who’ve become clients.
It’s been such a pleasure working with you all, and I’m poised to help you meet all your comms objectives in 2020!
I’ll be posting lots more tips and advice on our blog over the coming months, but to mark the close of 2019, here are the numbers from Venti’s first full year in business.
In 2019, I have:
- Travelled 2,614 miles to client meetings and events (it used to be a lot more but lots of my clients are quite local!)
- Sent 1,979 emails
- Delivered 6 workshops on everything from crisis communications to blogging
- Drank approximately 547 cups of coffee (Douwe Egberts, no sugar, coconut cream instead of milk!)
- Worked through 3 bank holidays
- Written in excess of 250,000 words for websites, blogs, brochures, newsletters and social media channels
- Corresponded with 63 journalists and editors for PR campaigns
- Travelled to cities in 3 countries (Beirut, Heraklion, Lyon)
- Walked around 1,820,000 steps (I multi-task by doing admin on my phone on the short circular walk around my village)
- Attended 156 meetings
- Missed 1 train
- Brought a total of 942 new followers to the social media accounts I manage
- Created a new tone of voice for 7 brands
- Consumed at least 18 celebratory Green & Blacks almond chocolate bars after securing new clients or successfully completing projects
- Started 1 meetup group for micro-adventurers in Shropshire
- Led 5 thought leadership campaigns
- Written 12 personal blog posts on everything from the difference between PR and advertising to navigating a bad customer review.
Have a wonderful year!
I love copywriting, but I’m completely obsessed with gifting. So as we near the Big Day, I just wanted to share a few last-minute gifting tips for those who are in panic-buying mode.Continue reading
The humble blog; often overlooked as an old-school marketing tactic, it’s still one of the most important tools you can use to help customers get to know your business.Continue reading
Here on the blog, I’ve been sharing tips on everything from protecting your reputation to the benefits of great web copy and everything in between. This month, I’ve decided to be a little bit different.Continue reading
Advertising and PR can both play an important role in marketing your products and services. Both practices are geared towards reaching your target audience, but there are some crucial differences between the two.Continue reading
Do you find yourself relying on the same words and phrases in all your company content, just because they’re the same words and phrases everyone else uses? Try these simple but effective word switches instead.Continue reading
Whether you’re a Marketing Officer juggling PR in-house for a company, or a seasoned PR agency professional managing a roster of different clients, there are certain things you should always avoid…Continue reading
Wondering why your competitors always seem to be in the press, or why no one in your industry seems to know much about you? Here are 11 signs it may be time to explore PR for your business.Continue reading